1 (909) 392-1731 International
Maintain Freshness and Control Odor, Naturally
Vacuum packaged fresh proteins often suffer from confinement odors, as the barrier film used to prevent oxygen transmission also prevents the trace amounts of odor-causing molecules to escape.
Consumers, after opening a vacuum packaged protein, typically associate confinement odors with spoilage bacteria and then discard or return the fresh protein for full credit.
UltraZap®OdorVac is a revolutionary active absorbent that simultaneously captures any confinement odors and reduces bacterial growth in the purge.
Patented and patents pending, UltraZapOdorVac features a proprietary mix of active ingredients and anti-microbials designed specifically for vacuum packages.
The active ingredients captures any odor molecules being formed while the anti-microbials slow down bacterial growth, thus reducing amino acid breakdown and the formation of odor molecules.
Because there is no headspace in a vacuum package, odor molecules are drawn into the liquid phase (purge). The purge is effectively trapped by the UltraZapOdorVac absorbent, providing the opportunity for the active ingredients to capture these odor-causing compounds.
Realize Immediate Benefits with UltraZapOdorVac
Protein processors and retail grocers will realize immediate benefits by using the UltraZapOdorVac food safety absorbent:
- Reduces bacteria and offensive odors inside the package
- Protein will show less purge and stay fresher longer
- Protein is fresher at the sell-by date
- Provides additional protection throughout the cold chain cycle
- Reduces consumer returns and related shrink costs
- Protects processor and retailer's brand equity
- Active ingredients are GRAS, comply with USDA regulations, and require no additional labeling modifications
A Superior Food Safety Absorbent
In addition to UltraZapOdorVac's proprietary mix of active ingredients and anti-microbials, the absorbent includes the features that the leading protein processors and grocery retailers prefer:
- Our signature UltraZap® pouch pads are more absorbent than the leading competitive pad Ð gram-for-gram, UltraZap pads absorb more while using fewer raw materials
- UltraZap pads are thinner and lighter, which provides significant operational efficiencies for our customers
- UltraZap is sealed on all four sides and features a highly creped cellulose absorbent core that locks in moisture
- UltraZap's layered cellulose effectively wicks purge inside the pad, unlike fluff pads that do not fully wick purge and tend to allow fluff particles to burst out
To learn how UltraZapOdorVac can enhance your vacuum packaging system, contact our Vice-President, Sales & Marketing John Terrien directly via email at .
Active Absorbent Products
Applying Technology And Science To Absorbent Mediums
Paper Pak Industries continues to pioneer the commercial absorbency market, with two vertically integrated manufacturing facilities, a modern microbiology lab, a research center, and a results-driven corporate culture. Learn More.
PPI: A Pioneer and Innovator For Over 50 Years
Paper Pak Industries pioneered the absorbent food pad market in the 1960's. Today, PPI offers the most innovative line of absorbent products to the world's leading food processors and retailers, medical facilities and industrial manufacturers. Learn More.
Choose the Best Absorbent Product For You
Paper Pak Industries' broad line of absorbent products provides food marketers the ability to choose the ideal absorbent solution for your packaging environment. Several key attributes should be considered when selecting the PPI product that solves your absorbent need. Learn More.
A Team of Absorbent Experts Across the Globe
Paper Pak's team of absorbency experts now spans across four continents: North America, South America, Europe and Asia. To find a PPI absorbency expert near you, click here.
Contact PPI via Phone or Email
U.S. & Canada 1 (888) 293-6529
International 1 (909) 392-1731